Reply To: Freetube Hotfix version available

Forum › Forums › General › Software › Freetube Hotfix version available › Reply To: Freetube Hotfix version available

#184582
kempelen
Member

    Thanks for this idea guys, I didn’t know this program.
    Unfortunately due to my ProtonVPN connection YouTube does not like me, so this one does not work either. On normal YT web page I often get a “I’m not robot” CAPTCHA, but in past 2-3 weeks I simply get “Please log in to confirm you are not a bot”. Of course if I really wanted, I could disconnect from VPN, or I could create a Google account and log in, but YouTube is not that important for me. And in some cases yt-dlp can download even if I cannot view (not always recently). Or I download with yt-dlp from my home server, which is not via VPN.

    I tried with various Invidious servers too, still no luck. Maybe I should install a local invidious on my server? (Or I could install THIS on my home server and view via Xpra. At least to find what to download.)

    Google loves breaking changes before weekends to cause maximum frustration.

    Does not change my weekend fortunately. πŸ™‚ And all the cool Linux guys are on Odysee.com too: Switched to Linux, Brodie Robertson.. Then Lunduke is on Rumble. Who needs youtube. πŸ™‚ (Well, I used YT to get some music videos, but by now I have so big collection of those, that is enough. πŸ˜‰ ) (All the other channels that I watch are there too.) I support Odysee and BitChute to try to make alternatives possible. (Yes, by being a paid member, at least until Stripe canceled Odysee recently. Now there is no way to pay a membership, while they have no ad revenue, it’s a fully ad-free platform.)

    Odysee can automatically mirror YT channel if the creator wants to, so maybe try to convince your favorite creators to do that. However this breaks time to time – no surprise. E.g. when it broke for months beginning this year, Some Ordinary Gamers completely deleted his channel – was so annoying. (By now they are back.) Unfortunately this platform accepts only one video format, so creators are not happy to manually convert and so on… they use the automatic YT mirror, but if that breaks, they are out. Why? Because are are only 10 viewers following them there – so come join us. πŸ™‚ I even translated Odysee interface to my language, like I translate antiX. πŸ™‚

    Sorry if this was technically off topic. After all, I’m not very sad FreeTube didn’t work for me, I can be Tube-Free instead. πŸ™‚