Forum › Forums › General › Other Distros › JWM based distro to a "free home" › Reply To: JWM based distro to a "free home"
I remember when Puppy Linux used fvwm95 as default. I actually liked it. Wasnt super thrilled when they dropped it, but it was getting very long in the tooth and unsupported at the time they did drop it. Too much work to keep it patched. JWM combined with ROX (ROX was what sold me on Puppy) was fine or at least I got used to it quickly and any desktop that lets me have shortcut icons is fine, dont need super slick and stylish. What annoyed me were the desktops that didnt have icons/shortcuts. I guess they were supposed to look cleaner and uncluttered. But lot less convenient. I’ll take function over form anytime. What I dont like is useless bloat that slows whole system down, just to support eye candy.