Reply To: Turning Your HDD into a “non-removable live-USB” – Using Live-USB-Maker

Forum › Forums › General › Tips and Tricks › Turning Your HDD into a “non-removable live-USB” – Using Live-USB-Maker › Reply To: Turning Your HDD into a “non-removable live-USB” – Using Live-USB-Maker

#61722
olsztyn
Member

    I have tested this using 320GB SATA disk with MBR partition table on Thinkpad X61 Core2Duo…
    Just to summarize my test results:
    – Worked for me as documented above. Created a Live antiX on sda hard disk as described. From now on the laptop boots to Live hard disk, no need to put a live USB stick into usb port. As typical for me I am running Live with no persistence to preserve ultimate integrity of the system – if I need a change I remaster. Any unwanted changes will be gone upon reboot.
    – Creating encrypted Live system works as expected. Encryption includes Live-USB-Storage, which is plenty with my 320GB drive, as antiX takes just about 4GB.
    – Remastering of Live HD works as expected. And considering Live system is on hard disk, it is be done without stress to USB media.
    – If required for any reason, such Live HD can be moved to a different laptop without need to re-install as it features the same, independent from hardware environment as USB Live stick, so it can boot on any machine.

    I see this new Live HD antiX capability as a significant step towards a perfect system…
    Thanks and Regards.

    Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
    http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters