Forum › Forums › Official Releases › antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” › ID 0810:0001 behaves as a mouse, NOT as a game controller
- This topic has 15 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Feb 16-6:35 pm by rokytnji.
-
AuthorPosts
-
February 14, 2022 at 4:22 pm #77405
toumbo
MemberHey people,
I have Antix 21, 64bit, with modern kernel installed
Im trying to setup retroarch with this psx-like controler
ID 0810:0001 Personal Communication Systems, Inc. Dual PSX AdaptorI do not have any issue on any mainstream distribution.
Is there any workaround? Does that happen because our distro is non-systemd?
Intel Core2 CPU 6300 1.86GHz ‖ RAM 1930 MiB ‖ ASUS INC. P5B-VM
nVidia G73 [GeForce 7300 GT] [10de:0393]
wlx14cc2016487d: 0bda:8178 Realtek RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter ⋮ enp2s0: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 01)February 14, 2022 at 4:53 pm #77411
Brian MasinickModeratorI’m not trying to push people away.
However I would like you and other people to understand that we do not have a typical distribution here.
This is a specific purpose distribution designed to conserve resources.
If you want to morph your instance to support a particular controller (presumably for games) that is up to you. Is it possible? I’d say yes with this explanation: by the time you make the changes necessary for it to work, which I assert would be possible, on the other hand you really won’t have antiX because you will likely have to change some fundamentals.
Therefore my recommendation is to keep antiX handy as a great, light distribution for resource constrained aging systems and share it with others.
For the system with the game controller use a distribution that emphasizes the ability to work with games or at least the controller you have.
Best wishes always; use different software for different purposes; that’s why there’s so many alternatives available.
--
Brian Masinick
Alternate "Search B":
This search pageFebruary 14, 2022 at 5:19 pm #77413
capreaModeratorNot sure if this helps you, tip from christophe
http://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/prohibit-gamepad-from-moving-mouse-cursor-in-games/February 14, 2022 at 5:21 pm #77414olsztyn
MemberFor the system with the game controller use a distribution that emphasizes the ability to work with games or at least the controller you have.
With all my respect, I would not give up on antiX that quickly… What separates antiX from some ‘mainstream distributions’ in addition to being not dependent on systemd, is it not that it might be just missing certain drivers for such game controllers? It is derived from Debian after all, which belongs to ‘mainstream’ distributions…
Just my being optimistic…Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_ParametersFebruary 14, 2022 at 7:02 pm #77425
Brian MasinickModeratorIf you can get it working without having to replace a few or several antiX components, go for it.
I’m merely suggesting that there are distributions that do this well.
Again, I am not denouncing our distribution; I love what we have. I do, however, use several distributions and each of them is good for certain things.
For example, Debian Sid distribution ‘siduction’ boots and runs faster than anything else I have and works well on my newest computer, whereas antiX doesn’t work out on that particular system.
On some of my oldest systems antiX is practically the only one that works the way I prefer it to be.
MX Linux is great as a general purpose desktop system.
PCLinuxOS is another distribution that’s good for general use. It’s not quite as FAST as siduction and it’s a bit cluttered with software, but it works nicely for many things.
Even the *buntu family, which I’m not a big fan of myself still has many worthwhile use cases; they’re just not the ones I’m interested in.
What my intention is here is to inform people that there are numerous choices for Linux use; that’s why there’s such an abundance of distributions. For me personally I look around from time to time. Don’t worry, antiX is always on my ‘keeper’ list but I am also a supporter of CHOICE.
A lot of free software people have a fit when I say this, but choosing between free and commercial software is ALSO a choice. I use MOSTLY free software, especially now that I am retired, but I do have a phone that has a combination of 100% free stuff and software produced by large companies; it’s my choice to use what is convenient and productive.
That doesn’t keep me from loving both GNU software and other open source software as well as occasionally using commercial tools for specific things.
- This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Brian Masinick.
--
Brian Masinick
Alternate "Search B":
This search pageFebruary 15, 2022 at 2:23 pm #77465olsztyn
Member@ Brian:
Great perspective… Thank you.
I do appreciate some Linux distros too but most others I see as junk, just to show off someone’s wim to create ‘his own’ variation of the same.
Regards.Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_ParametersFebruary 15, 2022 at 8:46 pm #77477
Brian MasinickModeratorThese days I have the following distributions in my installed collection:
1) antiX: v19.5 in std. full mode
2) antiX 21 in runit and std.Most of the time I start with the Base variety, but I do Base and Full.
In the past I always had a Core image; haven’t been doing much with Core recently,3) MX Linux 21 Wildflower AHS Advanced Hardware Support for the newest hardware, regular edition for my other systems.
4) siduction – I have a copy on both my older Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop and my newer Acer Aspire 5 A515-55 laptop. On the Acer it’s my fastest distribution.
5) Debian Bullseye – I have it installed on my Dell.
6) PCLinuxOS – I have it installed on my Acer; it was PCLinuxOS, openSUSE and Fedora that helped me overcome my initial woe when I first started using UEFI with GPT partitions instead of the old legacy BIOS and DOS style partitions.
Now that I know what I am doing with UEFI I can handle any of these on whatever hardware they’ll support.
--
Brian Masinick
Alternate "Search B":
This search pageFebruary 16, 2022 at 12:26 am #77494seaken64
Member@toumbo, I do not know the answer. But if it related to systemd then you will not be able to use that controller on antiX. But it seems to me that you have other options as you already said you have tried other distros. Maybe another controller will work better on antiX?
I multi-boot a lot, putting antiX on a separate partition or running as frugal. Maybe that will work for you. Maybe MX, or Debian, or some other distro supporting systemd, will work better for using that controller but you can still have antiX on the same machine for when you want to use antiX.
Note, the spelling is antiX.
If it is not related to systemd then you will need to share your system info to get better help.
Seaken64
February 16, 2022 at 12:33 am #77497
Brian MasinickModeratorHey people,
I have Antix 21, 64bit, with modern kernel installed
Im trying to setup retroarch with this psx-like controler
ID 0810:0001 Personal Communication Systems, Inc. Dual PSX AdaptorI do not have any issue on any mainstream distribution.
Is there any workaround? Does that happen because our distro is non-systemd?
The italicized comment is the reason I mentioned other distributions.
Use those mainstream versions that work – at least for this particular issue.
As Seaken64 wisely said, you can certainly use antiX along with other distributions; in fact, that’s what I do too.
--
Brian Masinick
Alternate "Search B":
This search pageFebruary 16, 2022 at 1:03 am #77500
christopheModeratorI’m just curious. 🙂
Did you try this?
Not sure if this helps you, tip from christophe
http://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/prohibit-gamepad-from-moving-mouse-cursor-in-games/antiX on everything, since 2017
February 16, 2022 at 3:15 pm #77533toumbo
MemberI’m just curious. ????
Did you try this?
Not sure if this helps you, tip from christophe
http://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/prohibit-gamepad-from-moving-mouse-cursor-in-games/I did tried it but, to no avail Christophe :/
I tried with that device which was unsuccessful as well!
ID 054c:09cc Sony Corp. DualShock 4 [CUH-ZCT2x]- This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by toumbo.
Intel Core2 CPU 6300 1.86GHz ‖ RAM 1930 MiB ‖ ASUS INC. P5B-VM
nVidia G73 [GeForce 7300 GT] [10de:0393]
wlx14cc2016487d: 0bda:8178 Realtek RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter ⋮ enp2s0: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 01)February 16, 2022 at 3:37 pm #77537
capreaModeratorI wonder if it makes any difference if you put the file from christophe to
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/51-joystick.confFebruary 16, 2022 at 3:43 pm #77538toumbo
MemberI turned to antiX because it’s marketed for “old computers” from Distrowatch site.
I don’t mind what init my computer has, as long as remain alive & kicking despite it’s ooold age.
This community, you, is proved to be very helpful to me. If you have any other distro suggestion, however, I’m interested!
Intel Core2 CPU 6300 1.86GHz ‖ RAM 1930 MiB ‖ ASUS INC. P5B-VM
nVidia G73 [GeForce 7300 GT] [10de:0393]
wlx14cc2016487d: 0bda:8178 Realtek RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter ⋮ enp2s0: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 01)February 16, 2022 at 3:56 pm #77541toumbo
MemberI wonder if it makes any difference if you put the file from christophe to
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/51-joystick.confNo, my computer does not start X when I do this. I had to remove my file manually with terminal. Fortunatelly no live-cd needed! pheww
You saw that Gentoo dualshock wiki too, eh? :wink wink:
- This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by toumbo.
- This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by toumbo.
Intel Core2 CPU 6300 1.86GHz ‖ RAM 1930 MiB ‖ ASUS INC. P5B-VM
nVidia G73 [GeForce 7300 GT] [10de:0393]
wlx14cc2016487d: 0bda:8178 Realtek RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter ⋮ enp2s0: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 01)February 16, 2022 at 4:47 pm #77545
capreaModeratorNo, archwiki for gamepads. Normally /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ is the right place for configurations.
Fortunatelly no live-cd needed!
Pooh !
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.